Monday, January 5, 2009

share-a-monies

I dislike fast Sunday’s not because of fasting, like some might think. Oh no it’s the share-a-monies. Those people who get up on the stand and just start talking about random events in there life. Now they might have a real bearing on there testimony and that’s great. But for the love of Bob, people keep it short and simple. I don't care if you cat is 12 years old with a white patch of fur on its right foot. I don't care if your son served a mission in England. The full back story is not important. That information is what a journal is for, use it. And why is more often then not the person with the longest share-a-monies decides to get up and give it 2 min before the end of sacrament meeting? Think about the rest of us with kids. We have been trying our hardest to deal with bored kids who just what to get to primary and be with there friends. But oh no they have to take that time to hold us over and drag the punishment on even longer. I know I should love every one and all that. But all I want to do is scream.
I’m not sure if you remember but a few months back there was a commercial were a guy was giving a boring speech to an auditorium full for school kids. Where one of the kids stands up and says "the end". Would that not be awesome to stand and say amen?

Having said that there are the few the very few that are awesome as one last Sunday was. I would go into it but it would be rather rude.

in summery when baring your testimony people
1. Keep it short.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. Only give the relevant information.
4. For the love of Bob don't go up and start a share-a-moni with a fem mins left.

For those wondering who Bob is. He’s a stuffed bear who sits on a dresser in our room. I find it much easier to not take the lords name in vain if you change it to something else that does not mean the same thing oh there’s my next rant. ;)

0 comments:


Free Blogspot Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger